The Livio A. Beccaccio Award is a living memorial presented to a FBI National Academy Associates member who has demonstrated exemplary character through an act of heroism, outstanding community service, innovation in law enforcement, or leadership reflective of that by which FBI Special Agent Livio A. Beccaccio lived
Livio A. Beccaccio served as chief of the National Academy Unit at the FBI Academy from 1987 – 1994. Prior to that, he was the chief of the Physical Training Unit at the FBI Academy in Quantico and had multiple assignments after joining the FBI in 1968. He died September 17, 1997 in a helicopter crash which took the lives of 12 members of an international peace-keeping mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Criteria for Selection:
- An act of valor or bravery at the personal risk of one’s own safety
- Dedicated, meritorious, and outstanding contribution to one’s community
- An innovative act and forward thinking which resulted in the improvement of quality in law enforcement or within the community
- Sustained, outstanding personal character which is consistent, motivational, and inspires
- FBINAA member in good standing
- Annual award covering the period June 1, 2017 – May 31, 2018
- Submit nomination to Rocky Mountain Chapter by May 31, 2018
- Chapter must endorse that the nominee is worthy of receiving the award, supported by documentation
- Nominations must be submitted to the Executive Director by June 1, 2018
- All nominations received by the Executive Director will be submitted to the Committee Chairperson by June 4 2018, a selection will be made by June 8, 2018, and the recipient will be notified by June 11, 2018
- Any member in good standing may nominate another member in good standing for the award
- A written narrative with the facts and circumstances that support the nomination must be submitted to the chapter
- In a cover letter to the Executive Director, the chapter must validate the nomination, endorse the nominee, prioritize the nominees if more than one is nominated, and forward the nominees names and documentation to support worthiness of receiving the award.